what is general dentistry?
The practice of general dentistry encompasses an amazing array of services and procedures, all with a common goal: to help you to preserve your natural teeth as long as possible, ensure your oral health, and keep you looking and feeling great.
Oral health is an essential component of general health. Medical research has revealed links between common oral infections and systemic health conditions, including cardiovascular disease and diabetes. We are here to help you maintain the health of your teeth, gums, and other oral tissues.
Dental care should start in childhood, so that health-promoting habits can develop early. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentists recommends that children see a dentist by age one.
General Dentistry Procedures
Modern dentistry offers a wide range of services to make sure your teeth stay healthy, function well and look great. These procedures include:
- Cleanings & Oral Exams, to keep your teeth and gums healthy, and catch early signs of dental disease
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Dental Implants, for replacement teeth
- Extractions, to remove unhealthy teeth that cannot be saved
- Fillings, to restore decayed or broken teeth
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect a dangerous disease that can be cured if caught early
- Orthodontics, to give you the straight teeth you've always wanted and assist in the oral health of children and teenagers
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Root Canal Treatment, to rescue diseased teeth
- Sealants, to help prevent cavities
- TMD Treatment, for pain in the jaw area that can interfere with biting and chewing
- Tooth Decay Prevention, so you keep your natural teeth as long as possible