June 30, 2020
Dear Floss Patients,
We hope this update email finds you healthy and enjoying the early summer sun. We have been enjoying seeing your smiles and all of your new mask styles! As King County entered into Phase 2, we have been able to make some slight modifications to our check-in process.
- We will still call you 2-3 days prior to your appointment to ask our Covid-19 screening questions. (And keep reading below - soon this will be an online form that you can complete from home!)
- If you are more than 5 minutes early for your scheduled appointment, please wait outside or in your car.
- Within 5 minutes of your appointment time, you are welcome to come into our lobby. Please use the provided hand sanitizer when you enter and respect 6 feet of social distance from non-family members; we will monitor traffic and make any necessary adjustments. Someone from our team will take your temperature and review our symptom questions. You will then be able to walk to your appointment room. If you have any symptoms or an elevated temperature, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Please wear a mask or other face covering at all times while walking throughout our office. When you are seated in your treatment room, we will let you know that it's okay to take your mask off and you may keep it off during your entire appointment.
- Please do not wear gloves into our office. We don't know the cleanliness of outside gloves and wearing contaminated gloves can potentially put us and our other patients at risk. We have hand sanitizer and hand washing areas available for your use.
We are also making other updates at Floss! We are implementing a new communication system to become truly paperless. Mid-July, you will be receiving texts from a new phone number and all of our intake forms, including our Covid screening, will be done online. We apologize in advance if this causes any short-term inconvenience, but we are very excited to reduce our paper forms and improve our impact on the environment!
Stay safe and healthy,